From 'Place Gambetta', following 'Cours de l'intendance' we get to the 'Grand Theater'. This neoclassical theater was designed by Victor Louis at the end of the 18th century. It opened its doors in 1780 and since then it has been the center of the artistic life in Bordeaux. In 1991 the inside of the theater was restored, its original blue and gold colors were respected. The theater's beautiful portico is decorated with 12 Corinthian style columns. On the top of the facade are 12 statues; nine represent the art muses and three the goddess Juno, Venus and Minerva.
♥ Visit Tagulandang Island ♥