Pont de Pierre
The 'Pont de Pierre' was commissioned by Napoleon.
It was finished in 1822. This "Stone Bridge" is
almost 500 meter long. It used to be a toll bridge, but
in 1861 the town bought it and since then it has been
free. This is definitely one of the most beautiful
bridges in France, its beauty being only comparable to the
ones in Paris.
Not far from here, on our right, is the district of
'Saint Michel', where the superb Saint Michel Church