The Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Graça e Seminário de Olinda, was originally built as a hermitage in 1550 by Duarte Coelho.
At the beginning of the 17th century the Jesuit order built the Real Colégio de Olinda in order to instruct the indigenous people in the area, and convert them to the Catholicism.
Like all churches in Olinda, except one, it was destroyed during the Dutch invasion. The church was rebuilt at the end of the 17th century.
Walking downhill from here, we will get to the Convento de São Francisco.
♥ Visit Tagulandang Island ♥