13/41.- Alexandria, al-Corniche, the harbor
Although the great Alexandria occupies more than 70 kilometers, the old Alexandria is what nowadays is known among foreigners as the Turkish neighborhood. The oldest section of this district was the result of the construction of the road that linked the old island of Pharos with mainland. Later, this causeway was extended, and new districts were formed. The district of Gumrok first, and the districts of Confushi and Ras el-Tin, later. These two latter districts date from the times of Mohammed Ali (1805-49).
♥ Visit Tagulandang Island ♥